Sunday, August 10, 2008

Team DoughMessTic

Here I am again, looking for bakers to join me as I host for a Second Time! After all of the wonderful response from Round One, I couldn't bear to sit out Round Two...even though I swore I would turn it over to other Hosts!

So, who do I want you to bake for this time?

There is a group of 6 Army Soldiers stationed permanantly in Fallujah, and let me tell you, these poor guys aren't feeling the love. I have been told these hereos could really use a morale boost - and an unexpected shipment of goodies could really be the ticket. Will it bring them home? No it won't. But it will remind them of it...and that's a really positive thing in such a negative place.
Capt. Ballard (our Round One soldier) told me in an email that "I just hope these ladies know that they are doing a good thing. Even if it is 'just' baking cookies..."

These guys are protecting our rights, our liberty, our freedom. The least we can do in return is share a few homemade cookies with them, don't you think?

If you are up for helping me support this group of soldiers stationed in Fallujah, please send an email to troops@doughmesstic.com and I will get you the info you need. As I get more info from them, I will post it here, but for now, that's what I have.

Thanks for your time!! Let's BAKE!!

THIS IS TEAM DOUGHMESSTIC...We're FULL!! YAY!!!
Kita Roberts
Lisa Bostic
Mustang Sally
Donna Stafford
Sylvia Canterbury
Lisa Canterbury
Julia Schaeffer
Dona England
Kristen Huffman
Jennifer Lauer
Jennifer Amore
Lillian of Confectiona's Realm
Tara of Tara's Tempting Treats
Laura of Laura's Home Cookin'
Kate of Books & Bakes
Michelle of Culinography
Winnie Carr
Brooke of Dessert First
Holly of PheMOMenon
Jules Someone of Someone's In the Kitchen
Jane of Private Stock Menswear
Katia of Tiny Truffles
Emily Meeker, of Seattle, Washington
Kristen the Lil Aggie Cook
Patricia Dreiling of Austin, Texas

3 comments:

PheMom said...

Heya! Did you get my email to include me on your team? I am sure you are swamped with emails, but I just wanted to make sure.

Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Hi :)
I sent you an email saying i'd like to be on your team about a week or so ago, and you haven't emailed back - is everything okay?
Looking forward to participating, [hope i'm not too late!] Emily

Brooke said...

I am little behind but am making and sending in the mail on Tuesday. My plan was to make and mail this weekend but got a little busy. Sorry, but I promise, there are going out soon.