Monday, July 28, 2008

Huge Response & A Little Info...

WOW!! Thanks to everyone who is taking the time to help out with this event! I never expected such a turn out!!

There have been lots of questions about what to send, how to pack...etc...and a very thoughtful Baking GAL supplied me with some of her research. Thanks Teanna of Spork or Foon? for her wealth of info!

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=24758- Here is a link for shipping- It's offering a package of free packing materials, including 10 boxes, 10 customs forms with envelopes, 10 "Mili-Pac" shipping envelopes, which are specially printed to reflect the complexities of military mailing addresses, and a roll of Priority Mail tape.

http://www.treatthetroops.org/tips.htm- here is a helpful website from "The Cookie Lady", who, as of a year ago, had already baked over 150,000 cookies to help the troops!

http://www.operationmilitarypride.org/packages.html - here you can type in the zip code in which you are sending care package items and it will let you know what is restricted for the location.

Also, if you have sent me an email to let me know you are interested in participating, PLEASE don't be put off that your name isn't yet on the Link List. It WILL BE, I promise!

Since I am a newbie to this as well, I wanted you to know what NOT to do. Or at least what I should not have done. DO NOT vacuum seal fresh baked SOFT cookies. It may taste good later on, but they looked gross to me. They squished nearly FLAT! It worked much better with a hard cookie!! (Thank Goodness!)

And one last piece of info - I just returned from the Post Office and got the largest APO Priority Mail Flat Rate Box (It's HUGE!) and the shipping is $10.95. There are smaller Flat Rate Boxes as well, but do ask for an APO Box, as it is less expensive!

Thanks everyone!!

7 comments:

Michelle Dargen said...

I got mine shipped off today. I hope your cousin doesn't think I am a complete freak. Agnes made me add a picture of the two us. LOL

Dianne's Dishes said...

I shipped mine yesterday. I packed it up with cushioning so the cookies wouldn't get trashed. I think the trail mix will be fine though.

PheMom said...

Great job Suzie and thanks for the links!

Anonymous said...

APO refers to the address, not the box. You can ship any box to an APO address, as it goes to a stateside military base/post office before going via military aircraft to forward locations.

None said...

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=24758- Here is a link for shipping- It's offering a package of free packing materials, including 10 boxes, 10 customs forms with envelopes, 10 "Mili-Pac" shipping envelopes, which are specially printed to reflect the complexities of military mailing addresses, and a roll of Priority Mail tape.

FYI, I called to request this today, and the PO would not ship it to me because I don't have a specific name and APO address. After I get one, it will take 7-10 days for the package of mailing supplies to arrive, which may make it too late to participate in that round?

Unknown said...

شركة تنظيف واجهات حجر بالرياض


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالرياض
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف فلل شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجاري شرق الرياض
شركة نقل اثاث شرق الرياض
https://soundcloud.com
شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض
folkd
https://soundcloud.com
نقل اثاث
نقل اثاث
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
about.me
شركة تنظيف بالرياض

Unknown said...

شركة بن طامى افضلٍشركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
وذلك بشهادة عملائها